As March Madness begins to hit NCAA basketball fans, the IPS Education Foundation is getting in on the madness with Brackets for Good, a bracket competition for nonprofits. Kicking off February 28, Brackets for Good puts 64 Indianapolis nonprofit organizations in a bracket-style competition where teams advance based on how much money they raise. The winning team receives a $10,000 grand prize and keeps all the money they raised in the course of the competition.
- Since our founding in 1984, we have awarded nearly $9 million in grants to improve the quality of IPS classrooms.
- Your donations help even the playing field for students in Indianapolis Public Schools. In 2012-13, we provided first-rate educational opportunities to 10,718 IPS students. We supported 111 classrooms in 48 different schools and plan to continue and grow this trend moving forward.
- When you support us in the Brackets for Good competition, you’re supporting a project native to Indiana. The organization was an Indiana Innovation Award recipient in 2013.
- You can join great Indianapolis companies like Citizens Energy Group and Allegion in supporting the great work done in IPS schools.
- We help double your investment in a brighter Indianapolis by matching grants through DonorsChoose.org. The site funds teacher projects that directly fulfill the needs of the students in their classroom, and we match donations to many of these programs dollar for dollar. Last year, we matched dollars for 284 of these projects. Karen Phelps’ classroom is a great example.
- IPSEF helps make school music programs a reality. Harshman Magnet Middle School, Stephen Collins Foster School 67 and Center for Inquiry School 84 are just a few stories of how our support has provided teachers with the tools to build great music programs.
- We help facilitate scholarships, field trips and other support services for the more than 30,000 IPS students throughout the district. Two of these students have shared how access to scholarship money through IPSEF has helped fund their college dreams here.
- We help teachers create innovative learning spaces, like bringing iPads to Lauren Wagner’s special needs classroom.
- We help empower all students to reach for the stars by believing in them, supporting them and preparing them for the future. Senior Zoë Snow is a great example of this.
- As board member Diane Arnold put it, “Every community deserves a great school.” We provide positive the resources to help give every community a great school with an encouraging and enthusiastic attitude that helps represent Indianapolis and its school district with pride.
These are just a few of the reasons to support the IPSEF in Brackets for Good. We appreciate your support and look forward to making it far in this year’s competition. Make sure to keep up with our progress by following us on Twitter as well!