Founded in May 1984, the Indianapolis Public Schools Education Foundation (IPSEF) supports the Indianapolis Public School District. IPSEF is an independent public charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under section 501(c)(3).
The following individuals and organizations are invited to submit applications to IPSEF:
- Teachers, school leaders and staff that serve IPS students
- Central Services Staff/Administration within IPS
IPSEF seeks to fund the development and implementation of programs supporting IPS students that are designed to:
- Increase physical and/or mental health and wellness support for students connected to increasing personal and academic confidence and success.
- Align with the District’s goal that 100% of IPS students will graduate on time and prepared to be enrolled in a two or four-year college or university, employed at a livable wage, or intentionally enlisted in the armed services.
- Attract, retain, and empower educator talent (including professional development support for novice teachers, teacher leaders, principals, and central services staff).
- Improve organizational effectiveness through implementation of innovative technology, professional development on management best-practices, and systems to promote data-driven decision making.
IPSEF is not able to fund:
- Individuals outside IPS
- Sponsorship for events or programs
- Schools or teachers outside of IPS
- Organizations serving students outside of IPS
- Scholarships to individuals
- Facilities/ capital improvement projects
IPSEF will review applications on an ongoing basis. The Grants Committee convenes monthly to review and approve grant applications. Applications will be reviewed and notified on the status of their application within 30 days.
Please contact Kelly Karbowicz Riley with any questions, email@example.com