The IPS Education Foundation is actively seeking a qualified professional to serve as its next Executive Director.
See the position details below to complete your application.
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors of the Foundation
Classification: Full-Time; Exempt; Salaried; (Not an IPS District Employee)
Responsible for the planning, direction, development, administration, supervision and implementation of a comprehensive internal and external strategic plan that will successfully fund the foundation for the enrichment of education opportunities for students throughout Indianapolis Public Schools.
Five to seven years of related experience and/or training in fundraising/planning and/or foundation management or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- History of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals.
- Ability to work with business, community and public entities.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with Boards and coordinate with volunteers.
- Experience in communications and marketing, including social media.
- Knowledge of public education or school district organization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement a strategic plan which includes strong fundraising goals.
- Assist in recruiting and developing a strong Board of Directors.
- Manage the organization, fund development, public relations and communications and strategic/tactical planning.
- Develop and cultivate strong community relationships to facilitate public awareness and encourage support from the community.
- Direct marketing programs and events to motivate and solicit individual and corporate Foundation donations.
- Coordinate, cultivate and maintain a working relationship with Indianapolis Public Schools to accomplish the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee major events with the purpose of increasing giving.
- Oversee the administrative tasks required to carry out the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors in the following activities: development of annual Foundation goals, action plans and budgets; planning and execution of fundraising activities; communication and relationship building with the community, donors, potential donors, and district employees at the administration and campus level.
- Direct the creation and content of marketing materials including brochures, annual report, newsletter, website, and social media pages.
- Manage small support staff
- Manage outside vendors/partners relationships such as accounting and investment firms.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Foundation Board.
Submit your cover letter, three references, and resume, including salary history, in a Word or PDF format to: email@example.com by the end of business on July 25, 2014. Please reference “IPSEF Executive Director” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.